JETPACK FOR ONE!

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which do you think will be or is better?

29% 29% 
[ 4 ]
57% 57% 
[ 8 ]
14% 14% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 14

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Cause I Rock:) on Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 pm

no crazy Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
Cause I Rock:)
A Man Named Steve
A Man Named Steve

Posts : 285
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 22
Location : no i am not your mummy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Testimony of Greatness on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Obasi42 wrote:So now you're saying that if you're wrong about some issues and become president, you are the antichrist? Don't you think you're taking it a bit far? Even if all the things you were saying about him were right, that's still not enough to make him the antichrist. If that was how things went, Bush would be the antichrist, or Cheney. Nixon would be the antichrist too! No Someone not agreeing with you on everything doesn't make them the antichrist. If that was the case then either it would be a pretty boring world, or everyone would be the antichrist!

I agree. That's just facts. Nobody's perfect. We don't always get it right, but God forgives. But to go with what you are saying...That means McCain could be the antichrist too, since he is working along side Obama. That doesn't make anymore since then before.
avatar
Testimony of Greatness
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Posts : 349
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 22
Location : Forever in God's Hands! No one can pluck me out!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Cause I Rock:) on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:35 pm

that is true Wink
avatar
Cause I Rock:)
A Man Named Steve
A Man Named Steve

Posts : 285
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 22
Location : no i am not your mummy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  ~QuizzingChik~ on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Obasi42 wrote:So now you're saying that if you're wrong about some issues and become president, you are the antichrist? Don't you think you're taking it a bit far? Even if all the things you were saying about him were right, that's still not enough to make him the antichrist. If that was how things went, Bush would be the antichrist, or Cheney. Nixon would be the antichrist too! No Someone not agreeing with you on everything doesn't make them the antichrist. If that was the case then either it would be a pretty boring world, or everyone would be the antichrist!

What did pres bush do that was horrible!? Did he go and try to reason with someone very evil and stand for things against God? Was he completely stupid regarding foriegn affairs? I am not saying that he is! Im just saying that I think that it is possible. People hate bush and then cant say why. Its just stupididty is what it is! And not only does obama not agree with me, he doesnt agree with God! Forget me! Am I mistaken or are we one nation UNDER GOD? And uplifting homosexuality and killing babies is no small issue. America is just so darkened that it doesnt matter to them anymore.
avatar
~QuizzingChik~
Deep Thought
Deep Thought

Posts : 439
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I might as well give my I.D. number out too.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  dragon-man on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 pm

im bored of talking about presidents. Neutral scratch elephant
avatar
dragon-man
Underling
Underling

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  ~QuizzingChik~ on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:00 am

WHO ARE YOU?!
avatar
~QuizzingChik~
Deep Thought
Deep Thought

Posts : 439
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I might as well give my I.D. number out too.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  dragon-man on Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:09 am

guess you wont beleev it.
avatar
dragon-man
Underling
Underling

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  ~QuizzingChik~ on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:19 pm

I will! Just say! well, then i willd ecide if i belleve u!
avatar
~QuizzingChik~
Deep Thought
Deep Thought

Posts : 439
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I might as well give my I.D. number out too.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Cause I Rock:) on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 pm

yes pleas say how u r are you brandon Suspect Suspect scratch Question
avatar
Cause I Rock:)
A Man Named Steve
A Man Named Steve

Posts : 285
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 22
Location : no i am not your mummy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  dragon-man on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:01 am

Cause I Rock:) wrote:yes pleas say how u r are you brandon Suspect Suspect scratch Question
maby. farao
avatar
dragon-man
Underling
Underling

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Cause I Rock:) on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:25 pm

you are affraid affraid dragon man is brandon i no it i am so smart study study lol!
avatar
Cause I Rock:)
A Man Named Steve
A Man Named Steve

Posts : 285
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 22
Location : no i am not your mummy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Haerodiel on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:47 pm

Sorry, it's been a while. I haven't had much time to get on.

Christina:
You do have a good point. However, Obama does not plan to do nothing, as you say, to stop abortion. He plans to do his best to discourage it. If you think about it, it makes sense. If the president can't make laws, it makes more sense for him to make federal programs and efforts to discourage it, which he can do, that to try to get a law passed to end abortion, which he has little if any control over. Also, discouraging abortion would make more head way and save more lives *at this point* than if we merely tried to outlaw it altogether.

Jessica:
I must disagree with you. If God's will always happens, why is there any bad in the world? Why are there rulers like Hitler who persecute and mass murder and oppress their people? Why are there any bad rulers at all? Why events like 9/11?

It’s because God doesn’t control events. He gives us the gift of free choice. It is out of that freedom that the devil works. People ask how can there be a God if so many bad things happen, well, they want free will, and then hate the one who loved them enough to give it to them.

What God *does* do, is use everything for his will. He might have chosen to do things differently than we did, but no matter what, he uses every situation, bad or good, to his glory. And no matter what happens, we know that we as Christians don’t have to worry, because no matter what, God will always be with us.

_________________
You just lost The Game
avatar
Haerodiel
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 176
Join date : 2008-10-23
Location : Gallifrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  ~QuizzingChik~ on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Haerodiel wrote:Sorry, it's been a while. I haven't had much time to get on.

Christina:
You do have a good point. However, Obama does not plan to do nothing, as you say, to stop abortion. He plans to do his best to discourage it. If you think about it, it makes sense. If the president can't make laws, it makes more sense for him to make federal programs and efforts to discourage it, which he can do, that to try to get a law passed to end abortion, which he has little if any control over. Also, discouraging abortion would make more head way and save more lives *at this point* than if we merely tried to outlaw it altogether.

Jessica:
I must disagree with you. If God's will always happens, why is there any bad in the world? Why are there rulers like Hitler who persecute and mass murder and oppress their people? Why are there any bad rulers at all? Why events like 9/11?

It’s because God doesn’t control events. He gives us the gift of free choice. It is out of that freedom that the devil works. People ask how can there be a God if so many bad things happen, well, they want free will, and then hate the one who loved them enough to give it to them.

What God *does* do, is use everything for his will. He might have chosen to do things differently than we did, but no matter what, he uses every situation, bad or good, to his glory. And no matter what happens, we know that we as Christians don’t have to worry, because no matter what, God will always be with us.

Well...there are bad people and there are always those who will disobey laws. If you are trying to discourage it anyway then y not just outlaw it? U still give the girls a choice. There are many places to get info on abortiion.there are support groups. Girls still do it however. If he really wanted to stop it then he would just try to demolish it altoghether! Also he VOTED FOR ABORTION. Just outlaw it! It is bad! Against God, and morally wrong! With all the influence he has, he could easily slink his way into getting it outlawed. Everyone except a few are on his side. HE'd only have to tell a couple of lies and thatd be it!
avatar
~QuizzingChik~
Deep Thought
Deep Thought

Posts : 439
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I might as well give my I.D. number out too.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Obasi42 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 am

Do you think that, if lying were outlawed, people would always tell the truth? Or if stealing were banned, would everyone stop swiping? The truth is, if you just go and outlaw something, it won't always stop. Beer was outlawed in the 1920's. The quote below is from http://www.1920-30.com/prohibition/.

"Prohibition began on January 16, 1920, when the Eighteenth Amendment went into effect. Federal Prohibition agents (police) were given the task of enforcing the law.

Even though the sale of alcohol was illegal, alcoholic drinks were still widely available at "speakeasies" and other underground drinking establishments. Many people also kept private bars to serve their guests. Large quantities of alcohol were smuggled in from Canada, overland and via the Great Lakes."

When beer was outlawed, people didn't stop selling it underground. Eventually, they lifted the ban because it got nowhere. The best approach isn't to ban the whole thing outright. It's to guide people in the right direction.
avatar
Obasi42
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Posts : 369
Join date : 2008-10-13
Age : 21
Location : Here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Testimony of Greatness on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:41 am

Haerodiel wrote:Sorry, it's been a while. I haven't had much time to get on.

Christina:
You do have a good point. However, Obama does not plan to do nothing, as you say, to stop abortion. He plans to do his best to discourage it. If you think about it, it makes sense. If the president can't make laws, it makes more sense for him to make federal programs and efforts to discourage it, which he can do, that to try to get a law passed to end abortion, which he has little if any control over. Also, discouraging abortion would make more head way and save more lives *at this point* than if we merely tried to outlaw it altogether.

Jessica:
I must disagree with you. If God's will always happens, why is there any bad in the world? Why are there rulers like Hitler who persecute and mass murder and oppress their people? Why are there any bad rulers at all? Why events like 9/11?

It’s because God doesn’t control events. He gives us the gift of free choice. It is out of that freedom that the devil works. People ask how can there be a God if so many bad things happen, well, they want free will, and then hate the one who loved them enough to give it to them.

What God *does* do, is use everything for his will. He might have chosen to do things differently than we did, but no matter what, he uses every situation, bad or good, to his glory. And no matter what happens, we know that we as Christians don’t have to worry, because no matter what, God will always be with us.

If God doesn't control events, he is not sovereign? Events, you say. Well....When the Roman gaurd's will was for Jesus to stay in the tomb, that didn't happen did it? Why....becuase it wasn't His Will for it to be that way. During 9/11, if God didn't want the plane to crask into the twin towers, it wouldn't of. He would of call back the rapture, made the plane disappear, or something. And your statement was....If God's will always happens, why is there any bad in the world? BECAUSE OF SIN!!! DUH! If God didn't want us to have free will, we would have it. So you are stating in you previous statement, that GOD IS NOT SOVEREIGN. And I highly object. Sovereign means He is in control of everything, at every place, at every time, and nothing happens without his sayso. God lets us hurt and pain to teach us lessons. Our economy today is, or at least should be, learning from our mistakes in the past. That is also how Christian grow. So, to say that God is not soverign is totally wrong. He is and will always be. IN THE GOOD AND THE BAD. (If you need scripture to back that up, i can give it to you)
avatar
Testimony of Greatness
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Posts : 349
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 22
Location : Forever in God's Hands! No one can pluck me out!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Obasi42 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:03 pm

Testimony of Greatness wrote:
Haerodiel wrote:Sorry, it's been a while. I haven't had much time to get on.

Christina:
You do have a good point. However, Obama does not plan to do nothing, as you say, to stop abortion. He plans to do his best to discourage it. If you think about it, it makes sense. If the president can't make laws, it makes more sense for him to make federal programs and efforts to discourage it, which he can do, that to try to get a law passed to end abortion, which he has little if any control over. Also, discouraging abortion would make more head way and save more lives *at this point* than if we merely tried to outlaw it altogether.

Jessica:
I must disagree with you. If God's will always happens, why is there any bad in the world? Why are there rulers like Hitler who persecute and mass murder and oppress their people? Why are there any bad rulers at all? Why events like 9/11?

It’s because God doesn’t control events. He gives us the gift of free choice. It is out of that freedom that the devil works. People ask how can there be a God if so many bad things happen, well, they want free will, and then hate the one who loved them enough to give it to them.

What God *does* do, is use everything for his will. He might have chosen to do things differently than we did, but no matter what, he uses every situation, bad or good, to his glory. And no matter what happens, we know that we as Christians don’t have to worry, because no matter what, God will always be with us.

If God doesn't control events, he is not sovereign? Events, you say. Well....When the Roman gaurd's will was for Jesus to stay in the tomb, that didn't happen did it? Why....becuase it wasn't His Will for it to be that way. During 9/11, if God didn't want the plane to crask into the twin towers, it wouldn't of. He would of call back the rapture, made the plane disappear, or something. And your statement was....If God's will always happens, why is there any bad in the world? BECAUSE OF SIN!!! DUH! If God didn't want us to have free will, we would have it. So you are stating in you previous statement, that GOD IS NOT SOVEREIGN. And I highly object. Sovereign means He is in control of everything, at every place, at every time, and nothing happens without his sayso. God lets us hurt and pain to teach us lessons. Our economy today is, or at least should be, learning from our mistakes in the past. That is also how Christian grow. So, to say that God is not soverign is totally wrong. He is and will always be. IN THE GOOD AND THE BAD. (If you need scripture to back that up, i can give it to you)

She did not say that God is not sovereign. She said that God does not control everything. That does not mean that God can't. It means that God loves us enough to let us choose, even when He knows best. God lets us choose to make mistakes, even when He knows we're wrong. God lets us choose to lie, to steal, to kill, even when He knows the consequences. It pains Him when we choose to do these things. But He loves us enough to allow us to. 9/11 Wasn't God's fault, but it was God's choice to not stop it. He would prefer us to sin than for us to lose our free will. After all, Romans 8:28 says:

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

That's the good and the bad. God would prefer the good, but he won't make it that way. God created us not just to have something to worship Him. He had the angels for that. No, He created us to have something to choose to worship Him. Big difference.

Jesus was a very special case. God knew that he had to send something down to save us from ourselves before it was too late. So he sent Jesus. It wasn't his fault that not everybody liked him. It was their faults. But he never complained , because he knew that God would come through. Christianity isn't the most loved religion in some countries. But does that stop them? I tell you, no!Wink The same with Jesus. Do you think he cared what some guards thought? I tell you, no!Wink He came back and let us follow him to heaven. Was this the choice of the guards? No. It was the choice of Jesus. Remember, Jesus was man too. He got free will like the rest of us. But can we choose what someone else does? No. To each his own. Likewise, the guards didn't get to choose what Jesus did.

So, yes. God has sovereignty. And that is why I strongly urge you to vote an affirmative ballot. (debate joke)
avatar
Obasi42
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Posts : 369
Join date : 2008-10-13
Age : 21
Location : Here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Testimony of Greatness on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:32 pm

OK, OK, OK. Sorry Jennifer, I must of misunderstood you. But, I understand now. So, yeah, you're right Obasi. I totally agree. Couldn't of said it better myself. Smile
avatar
Testimony of Greatness
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Posts : 349
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 22
Location : Forever in God's Hands! No one can pluck me out!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Haerodiel on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:11 pm

Testimony of Greatness wrote:OK, OK, OK. Sorry Jennifer, I must of misunderstood you. But, I understand now. So, yeah, you're right Obasi. I totally agree. Couldn't of said it better myself. Smile
And I completely agree with Obasi. Took anything I was about to say right out of my mouth. Glad we can agree! Very Happy

Christina:
Hypothetically I totally agree with you. If this country were to outlaw abortion it would be the best thing we've done abolishing slavery. And, if the president could help get that law past, He should.

However, I'm wondering whether you really read my post or not, or maybe you misunderstood, so I'll summarize. The President does not have the power to pass laws. He does not have the smallest, tinyest say in what laws get created. He can only verify or deny what Congress gives him.

Thus, it makes sense for the president to uses the powers he does have to help prevent abortion.

The main thing you need to understand are the chances. There is pretty much zero chance (unfortunately) of such a law being passed. People have tried and tried to pass bills in Congress abolition abortion for a long time, and so far no one has succeeded. Partial-birth abortion was gone for a while, but now even it is back.

NOTE: I'm not trying to convice you to be for Obama! As I've said, I disagree with him on almost all subjects.

_________________
You just lost The Game
avatar
Haerodiel
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 176
Join date : 2008-10-23
Location : Gallifrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  ~QuizzingChik~ on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Well, Obama does have power. No he is not a king but he's not a governor either. If he wanted to he could get somewhee with abortion. First of all he voted for it. He sees nothing wrong with it! I still marvel that people would still vote for him even with this "Qualification of wrongness" Forget homosexuality! After all your a homophobe if we dont agree! Think about the little children! Abortion is predicted to rise by over a thousand when obama passes his laws regarding abortion. We are to afraid to offend people and speak the truth. Well sometimes people need to be slapped out of stupidity and the truth needs to be told. If that means educating people then so be it!
avatar
~QuizzingChik~
Deep Thought
Deep Thought

Posts : 439
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I might as well give my I.D. number out too.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Haerodiel on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Alright, let me clarify a bit, because you are completely right when you say Obama's ideas about abortion are wrong. They are, but I still think he would make more headway in preventing abortion than if he tried to completely outlaw it. Not very likely to happen at all.

By the way, where did you hear abortion rates were estimated to rise after Obama implements his ideas?

_________________
You just lost The Game
avatar
Haerodiel
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 176
Join date : 2008-10-23
Location : Gallifrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  ~QuizzingChik~ on Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:32 am

Haerodiel wrote:Alright, let me clarify a bit, because you are completely right when you say Obama's ideas about abortion are wrong. They are, but I still think he would make more headway in preventing abortion than if he tried to completely outlaw it. Not very likely to happen at all.

By the way, where did you hear abortion rates were estimated to rise after Obama implements his ideas?


The rates were from Fox news. the source was from a guy who had reallyyy studied..And i mean its known...also God does not look at the "likelyhood" of things. Why not just give up on the healing of sick people then? God looks for ways to be glorified! We so live in the physical. Again I refer to luke 17:6 I believe which talks about speaking to a mulberry tree! Something that does not even respond! Cant hear or be uprotted unless someone does so! We can move a treee without touching it by just having faith!
avatar
~QuizzingChik~
Deep Thought
Deep Thought

Posts : 439
Join date : 2008-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I might as well give my I.D. number out too.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Haerodiel on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:42 pm

You are right. All I have to say is that it's been tried and tried and tried, by individuals, groups, and organizations, and no one has really made a whole lot of headway. What really needs to happen before anything goes to the President is that the hearts of Congress need to be softened.

You have a completely good and Biblical way of looking at it, and I respect that. All I ask is that you realize that others, perhaps on this topic, perhaps on another, may have opposing beliefs and may think them just as good and Biblical. That doesn't necessarily mean that their idea is wrong or bad. It may be, but not necessarily. Currently, I'm more worried about saving lives than healing a sick country.

Overall, I congradulate you for standing up for what you believe is right. One word of advice for the future, if someone with an opposing belief thinks that their belief is as equally Biblical as yours, try not to come accross so heated in tell them that you think they're wrong. Wink
avatar
Haerodiel
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 176
Join date : 2008-10-23
Location : Gallifrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So . . . . .

Post  tie-dyed girl! on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:11 am

The fact is that Obama has been elected and wether that is a good thing or not, all we can do now is pray. First, for our president. Second, (like someone else said) for our congressmen. And third, for God to guide US and help US to do what's right in spite of everyone else. The only way to change the country (and the world) is to change ourselves.

tie-dyed girl!
Most Excellent Theophilus
Most Excellent Theophilus

Posts : 145
Join date : 2008-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Testimony of Greatness on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 am

Yeah, I totally agree. Just stop trying to debate about it.
avatar
Testimony of Greatness
Have You Seen My Gerbil?
Have You Seen My Gerbil?

Posts : 349
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 22
Location : Forever in God's Hands! No one can pluck me out!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Haerodiel on Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Well we're not necessarily debating political candidates, we're debating ideas on issues. Besides, just because something is irrelevant doesn't mean it doesn't make for interesting conversation. The point where it should stop is if people are being hurt and insulted over something irrelevant, which is not the case here.

I do agree with one thing: whether you agree with Obama or not, you should still pray for him. If Obama is going to be president whether we agree with him or not, well, we better pray that he does the best job we can.

_________________
You just lost The Game
avatar
Haerodiel
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 176
Join date : 2008-10-23
Location : Gallifrey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JETPACK FOR ONE!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum